How Inspire Martial Arts is Preparing For Coronavirus and COVID19
*** Updated 12:00 pm on Friday, March 13th, 2020***
This post will be updated as new information becomes available, or as we make policy changes to adjust to that new information.
The team at Inspire Martial Arts is committed to the health and safety of our members. We are also dedicated to helping our kids understand what is going on so that they can feel safe, even as they learn more about what is going on in the world around them.
While we have always cleaned and disinfected daily (at least) with hospital-grade cleaners that list human coronavirus amongst the pathogens they kill, we have increased our efforts to provide a safe, clean environment for our kids.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking:
- We have increased our disinfection application. In addition to the usual daily school prep, we are disinfecting the training floors with hospital-grade cleaners midway through every evening.
- All chairs are disinfected daily at a minimum.
- All light switches, doorknobs, outlets, sinks, toilets, and other high traffic surfaces are being disinfected during every single class.
- Air filtration has been increased.
- When selecting drills, we are selecting activities that minimize interpersonal contact.
- All pads and equipment that are used during class are disinfected before being returned to service.
- Based on the WHO and CDC recommendations to increase personal space and minimize physical contact, we have suspended hand shakes and high 5s for now. (WHO social distance recommendation: Keep a distance of at least 3 feet between you and apparently healthy persons and stay 6 feet away if a person is coughing or sneezing.)
- If your child is sick (regardless of the reason or cause), please refrain from bringing them to class. This includes coughing, fever, bellyaches, and any other conditions outside of the definition of “in good health.”
- We are looking into having the technology in place to allow for realtime at-home participation, including interaction from your kids’ favorite instructors. if needed in the future.
- Every team member will wash their hands between every class, and will not be allowed to work if they are ill or if they have been in close contact with known carriers.
- Children will be allowed water breaks whenever necessary as having a dry throat has been identified as an additional factor.
While we recognize the seriousness of this virus, we also recognize that remaining healthy and physically fit is an important way to ensure a healthy immune system. Further, we believe that in times like this, it is important for kids to maintain as much consistency as possible, within reason. Our goal is to employ practices that reduce risk while focusing on educating our students with empathy and compassion so they can balance their emotions with logic and information.
We encourage all of our families to be as educated as possible and to get your information from reputable sources. We should all endeavor to be as prepared as possible without becoming paranoid as this is temporary and we will overcome it. Now is the time for us to do our absolute best in caring, communicating and problem solving to help our friends, families and neighbors in the community.
As you know it takes a village to raise a child so we are here for you and your families if you have a question, concern or need please contact Master Christina or Ms. Terri.
Email: [email protected]